You Asked

Do I fall into a Special Population?

Answered By: NSO Staff
Last Updated: Sep 02, 2022     Views: 2

The Office of Student Resources serves the following Special Population groups: 

Economically Disadvantaged: Students who are Pell Grant recipients or who are receiving federal assistance such as Food Stamps and/or Medicaid.

– Students with Disabilities: Students with a physical or mental impairment which could substantially limit one or more major life activities.

– Displaced Homemakers: Students who have worked without pay to care for a home and/or family and for that reason have diminished marketable skills and have been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income.

– Limited English Proficiency: Students having another language other than English as their first or primary language.

– Non-Traditional Program: Students enrolled in a program of study that lead to occupations or fields that have 25% or less of their gender employed within the occupation.

– Single Parents: Students who have the primary or joint custody of a dependent child. May be divorced, widowed, legally separated, or never married.

– Homeless Individuals: Students who do not have a primary residency.

– Foster Care: Students who are in, or aged out of, the foster care system.

– Active Duty: Students whose parents are on active duty in the armed forces.

Related Topics and Questions

      Your Question

      Please give your student e-mail address ( so we know where to send your answer. We will not share your email address.

      Your Info
      Fields marked with * are required.